Image Map

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Behavior Binder

Behavior is a constant struggle among many teachers. The stress of trying to teach the curricullum constantly gets interrupted by student behaviors. When we reach out for help there is a lot of documentation needed in order to receive the proper intervention.

I am sure you have heard many different times if you are currently dealing with a student that is having behavior difficulties that you need data to support the behaviors you are seeing in the classroom. For example, if you have a student that is throwing chairs or constantly running from the classroom, you would need data that shows how many times a day, what is happening before, during, and after the behaviors. All of this documentation is needed to help come up with a plan to help reduce and eliminate the behaviors.

Data needs to be collected each time the behavior occurs so the team that is helping you can look at the frequency, intensity, and determine what is the cause for the behavior. This is imperative in order to come up with an effective behavior intervention plan for a student.

Many teachers will say they do not have time to document every single occurrence or incident. Documentation can be time consuming, but if an effective and quick system is in place it can become quick and stress-free.

Below are some quick and easy to use forms to quickly and effectively document and track student behaviors. Click the behavior binder link below to purchase this product.



These forms I keep in my behavior binder and I have a tab for each student that I am tracking data on. I can quickly tally or check off the boxes on the ABC data forms and I am done. I will prefill the date for each day at the beginning of the day and write in any specific information before hand. 



Another way I use these forms in putting them on a clip board with a confidential cover sheet (included in product). That way it is very portable and easy to grab. I put it in an area that is easy to access throughout the school day.

All in all you need to find a system that works best for you when tracking behavior data. In my behavior binder you will find many different forms, behavior resources, observations notes and much more. 

Please reach out to me and leave a comment if you have questions!




No comments:

Post a Comment